I’ve used the CHIRP software to program my Baofeng UV-82 with all of the driver’s frequencies for the 2015 Indy 500. Each drive is input on the channel that corresponds with their car number- this way you can simply type in the car number and start listening. (With the UV-82, you have to enter three digits, so Car #1 – Will Power – is brought up by pressing 0-0-1 on the scanner)
- name displayed on screen for selected car
- local HAM calling frequency and repeaters set on channel 101 through 110.
- transmitting has been disabled on UHF (same frequencies you are scanning)
- officials on channels 122 and 123
- PA system on 124 and 125
- Race Control on 126
- IMS Broadcast on 127
- FM Radio set to 97.1 – FM IMS broadcast station
- Channel 101-110, and 127 are set to be skipped while scanning
Download the CHIRP .csv export here: < < < DOWNLOAD > > >
Download the Baofeng UV-82 2015 Indy 500 CHIRP .img file here:
*******WARNING******** This is for the UV-82 ONLY — If you have a different radio, please download the CSV file above, and create your own. *******WARNING******** use at your own risk:< < < DOWNLOAD > > > *******WARNING********
I will update the file if I am made aware of changes and updates up until I leave for the track.
If you know of a change that should be made- email me.
If you have a similar file for another radio, you can email that file to me, and I’ll put it online here too.
I’ve also listed the frequencies below- if you want to do your own programming.